1875 – Born on the 5th of April in Enghien-les-Bains, France.
– Popular French comedienne noted especially for her beautiful legs and stage personality.
– The name Mistinguett, derived from a song in a musical show, Miss Helyett, was suggested by her allegedly English-looking, protruding front teeth
– Her greatest fame was achieved in Paris in spectacular revues at the Moulin Rouge and the Casino de Paris.
– She often appeared with Maurice Chevalier, and her best-remembered songs are “Mon Homme” and “J’en ai marre”.
– Her long career included appearances in London and the Americas.
– Mistinguett was not highly talented as a dancer, nor did she have a good voice; but she had vitality and conviction, and even in old age she was able to play young parts.
– She wrote Toute ma vie
1956 – Died on the 5th of January in Bougival.