Died: 1488 AD
1435 – Andrea di Michele di Francesco de’ Cioni, born in Florence, Italy. He was an influential Italian sculptor, goldsmith and painter who worked at the court of Lorenzo de’ Medici in Florence.
1465 – He worked at the lavabo of the Old Sacristy in San Lorenzo (Florence).
1465 – 1467 – He executed the funerary monument to Cosimo de’ Medici for the crypt under the altar of the same church.
1466 – The Guild of Traders of Florence commissioned from him a bronze group entitled Christ and St. Thomas for an external niche of the church of Orsanmichele.
1468 – Made a famous candelabra, now in Amsterdam, for a corridor of Florence’s Town Hall.
1472 – He completed the monument to Piero and Giovanni de’ Medici in the Old Sacristy.
1474 – 1475 – The only autograph painting by him is the Madonna with Child and Saints, in the Cathedral of Pistoia.
1478 – He finished a Winged Cherubim with Dolphin, today housed in Palazzo Vecchio and originally intended for a fountain in the Medici villa of Careggi: this work is influenced by dynamic naturalism which Verrocchio learned from Desiderio da Settignano.
– Began what was to become his most famous work, an equestrian statue of the condottiero Colleoni, who had died three years before.
1480 – Sent to his commissioners a wax model.
1488 – He finally moved to Venice to assist at the metal fusion of the group.
– Died in Venice, Italy.