1804 – He was born on the 14th fo July in Odenburg, Hungary.
1822 – He was assigned to the 27th infantry regiment of the Austrian Imperial Army.
1833 – He was made a First Lieutenant and was assigned to the Quartermaster-General.
1835 – He was promoted to the rank of Captain.
1840 – He became the Major and aide to the General Commander at Galizien.
1843 – While still serving at Galizien, he was again promoted to Lieutenant-Colonel.
1846 – He was awarded the Knights’ Cross of the Order of Leopold as well as given the rank of Colonel.
1847 – He was entrusted with the command of the 33rd infantry regiment in Italy.
1848 – On the 5th of April, he took over the command of a newly formed brigade that consisted of two battalions.
– Benedek led his troops in the Battle of Goito.
– He was awarded the Commanders’ Cross of the Order of Leopold, and the Knights’ Cross of the Military Order of Maria Theresa.
1849 – He was a Major General and was appointed to the staff of the Chief of Quartermaster General with the 2nd Army in Italy.
– He was sent to Hungary, Leading troops in the Battle of GyQr, he was instrumental in striking down the rebellion.
1859 – He was a Commander General of the VIIITH army corps in the Second Italian War of Independence.
– On the 27th of May, he was promoted to the rank of Feldzeugmeister, second in command of the entire Austrian Army.
– On the 24th of June, under the command of the young Emperor Franz Joseph I, he fought in the Battle of Solferino against the Französi troops of the Emperor Napoleon III.
1860 – He was appointed Chief of the General Quartermaster Staff on the 31st of January.
– He was a governorship of Hungary in April.
– On the 20th of October, he assumed command of the Austrian forces in Lombardy Venetia, Carinthia, Carniola, the Tyrol and the Adriatic Coastland.
1862 – He was awarded the Grand Cross of the Order of Leopold with War Decoration on the 14th of January.
1866 – He was made the Commander in Chief of the Northern Army.
– He resigned the Commander in Chiefship at Pressburg on the 26th of July.
1881 – He died on the 27th of April.