Currently alive, at 60 years of age.
Categories: echo $strCat;?>
1956 – Tom Pridemore (L. Thomas Pridemore), born in Oak Hill, West Virginia on the 29th of April. He is a former defensive back who played eight seasons the NFL for the Atlanta Falcons. He later was a member of the West Virginia Legislature.
1974 – A West Virginia State High School hurdles winner.
1975 – 1977 – Led WVU with 82 tackles and 5 interceptions, including an 87 yarder for a TD in the 75′ season opening game against Temple University.
– His 100 yard interception return for a TD against Penn State in 77′ tied a NCAA record and remains one of the most memorable defensive plays in Mountaineer history.
1977 – Chosen to participate in the Blue-Gray Bowl.
– Winner of the Ira Errett Rodgers Award.
– 19 career interceptions; still considered one of the school’s best-ever defensive backs.
1978 – Selected by Atlanta Falcons in the ninth round of the 78′ NFL draft.
1978 – 1983 – Led the Falcon secondary in tackles.
– AP player of the week during his rookie year for his fourth down, goal-line stop to help preserve a victory over the Detroit Lions; also recording a fourth down sack and intercepting a pass on the final play of the game.
1980 – 1982 – Served as a legislature for the West Virginia House of Representatives.
1981 – Picked off seven (7) passes in leading the NFL in interception return yardage. With 20 career interceptions, 710 tackles and 12 fumble recoveries.
1985 – Began private sector business opportunities which led to the creatation of Pride Utility Construction Co., an underground utility construction company that provides cable & fiber installations throughout Metro Atlanta.
1998 – Inducted, West Virginia University Sports Hall of Fame.
2000 – Announced the addition of Scott Case as Vice President-Owner, Business Development. Together they start a Directional Bore division and expand the service area from metro Atlanta to statewide.
2003 – Pride Utility reveals the development of a natural gas pipeline division. The new division surpasses growth and revenue projections paving the way for Tom to expand further into mainline water projects for muncipalities throughout the state of Georgia.
– Exactly ten (10) years from the incorporation of Pride Utility Construction Co., he is appointed by the Governor to sit on the State Construction Licensing Board, Division of Utility Contractors.
2004 – Together, he and Scott enter the Forestry Management sector when they purchase several pine forest timberland tracts in South Georgia.