Currently alive, at 75 years of age.
1941-Present – Born in Chicago in 1941.
– Spent two years in the Peace Corps in Ethiopia where he taught eighth grade English and science.
– Krashen pursued a Ph.D. in Linguistics at the University of California, Los Angeles, culminating with his 1972 dissertation "Language and the Left Hemisphere."
– Took up a Ph.D. in Linguistics at the University of California, Los Angeles in 1972.
– Joined the USC School of Education in 1994.
– Published over 350 papers and books, and has presented keynote and plenary addresses at the National Association for Bilingual Education, and many other conferences.
– A professor of Linguistics at the CUNY Graduate Center and the Linguistics Department of the University of Southern California.