1941-Present - Born in Chicago in 1941.
- Spent two years in the Peace Corps in Ethiopia where he taught eighth grade English and science.
- Krashen pursued a Ph.D. in Linguistics at the University of California, Los Angeles, culminating with his 1972 dissertation "Language and the Left Hemisphere."
- Took up a Ph.D. in Linguistics at the University of California, Los Angeles in 1972.
- Joined the USC School of Education in 1994.
- Published over 350 papers and books, and has presented keynote and plenary addresses at the National Association for Bilingual Education, and many other conferences.
- A professor of Linguistics at the CUNY Graduate Center and the Linguistics Department of the University of Southern California.
Page last updated: 5:39pm, 10