1934 – She was born on the 25th of March this year in Toledo, Ohio.
1962 - She became politically active in the feminist movement, and the media seemed to appoint Steinem as a feminist leader of sorts.
1972 - She helped start the feminist Ms. Magazine and wrote for the magazine until it was sold in 1987.
1974 – She co-founded the Coalition of Labor Union Women.
1977 – She Participated in the National Conference of Women in Houston, Texas.
1986 – She had to deal with a number of personal setbacks, including the diagnoses of breast cancer.
1991 - She became Ms. Magazine’s consulting editor when it was revived.
1993 - She was inducted into the National Women's Hall of Fame.
1994 – She was diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia.
2000 - She married David Bale, father of actor Christian Bale.
2005 - She appeared in the documentary film, I Had an Abortion, by Jennifer Baumgardner and Gillian Aldrich.
Page last updated: 2:38am, 26
- "She has become the Julia Child of sex."
- "I'd like to be played as a child by Natalie Wood. I'd have some romantic scenes as Audrey Hepburn and have gritty black-and-white scenes as Patricia Neal."
- "America is an enormous frosted cupcake in the middle of millions of starving people."
- "The surest way to be alone is to get married."
- "Evil is obvious only in retrospect."