Currently alive, at 69 years of age.
Categories: echo $strCat;?>
1949 – Born this year on the 26th of November in San Francisco. He was raised in Marine County, California by his Jewish mother and Catholic stepfather, who maintained a non-religious household atmosphere.
– Attended Redwood High School, Larkspur, CA.
– Studied in UCLA for college. Received the UCLA Medal, the university’s highest honor.
– Received honorary doctorates from the Jewish Theological Seminary, Syracuse University and Amherst College.
1970 – Finished his doctorate studies in UCLA. His doctorate dissertation was on Soviet decision making.
– Served as director of Near East and South Asian Affairs on the National Security Council staff during the Reagan administration and as Deputy Director of the Pentagon’s Office of Net Assessment.
1984-1986 – Served as executive director of the Berkeley-Stanford program on Soviet International Behavior.
– Ross served as Director of the State Department’s Policy Planning office during the G.H.W Bush administration. He played a prominent role in US policy to war the former Soviet Union, the unification of Germany and its integration into NATO, arms control negotiations, and the development of the Gulf War coalition.
– Serviced as Special Middle East Coordinator under President Clinton.
– He was awarded the Presidential medal for "Distinguished Federal Civilian Service." Secretaries Baker and Albright presented him with the State Department’s highest award.
– Director and Zieglar distinguished fellow of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy. He is the first chairman of the Institute for Jewish People Policy Planning funded and founded by the Jewish agency.
2005 – In the fall of this year, he taught a class in Mid-East Peace at Brandeis University.
2006 – Taught a class in Mid-East Peace at Georgetown University in fall of this year.
2007 – Teaches Strategic Negotiation and Statecraft at Georgetown University.
– Foreign Affairs Analyst for the Fox News Channel and also a frequent commentator in The Washington Post, The New York Times and the Los Angeles Times. He is on the Advisory Committee of Scooter Libby’s Legal Defense Trust.