1984 - Received MBBS degree from Dow Medical College, Karachi.
1990 - Received MSC from the Harvard School of Public Health, Boston.
1997 - Was awarded PhD from the Australian National University, Canberra.
1997 - Was appointed Research Fellow at the National Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health at The Australian National University.
2003 - Published D'Souza RM, Strazdins L, Lim L, Broom D, Rodgers B. Work and Health in Contemporary Society: Demands, Control and Insecurity.1
2004 - The journal Work and Stress accepted her paper on the 23rd of August. Parslow RA, Jorm AF, Christensen H, Rodgers B, Strazdins L, D'Souza RM. A comparison of the effects of work stress on the mental health of organisationally employed and self-employed workers: Analysis from a community sample.
- She also published the following articles during this year:
- Parslow RA, Jorm AF, Christensen H, Broom DH, Strazdins L, D'Souza RM. The impact of employee level and work stress on mental health and GP service use: an analysis of a sample of Australian government employees.2
- Strazdins L, D'Souza RM, Lim L, Broom D, Rodgers B. Job Strain and Health: Rethinking the Relationship.3
- D'Souza RM. Should Vitamin A be used for the treatment of Measles: Is there any doubt? and D'Souza RM, Becker N, Hall G, Moodie KBA. Does ambient temperature affect foodborne disease?4
2005 - Published D'Souza RM, Butler T, Petrovsky. Assessment of cardiovascular disease risk factors and diabetes mellitus in Australian prisons: is the prisoner population unhealthier than the rest of the Australian population?5
- D'Souza RM, Strazdins L, Clements MS, Broom DH, Parslow R, Rodgers B. The health effects of jobs: status, working conditions or both?6
2006 - Published Broom DH, D'Souza RM, Strazdins L, Butterworth, P, Parslow R, Rogders B. The lesser evil: bad jobs or unemployment? A survey of mid-aged Australians7; and D'Souza RM, Strazdins L, Broom DH, Rogders B, Berry H. Work demands, job insecurity and sickness absence from work. How productive is the new, flexible labour force?8
1 Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health 2003;57:849-54.
2 BMC Public Health. 2004; 4(1): 1-9
3 Journal of Occupational Health and Psychology. 2004; 9(4): 296-305
4 Postgraduate Doctor 2004; March/April:62-66
5 Australia New Zealand Journal of Public Health 2005; 29, 4: 318-323
6 Australia New Zealand Journal of Public Health 2005; 29, No 3: 222-228.
7 Social Science and Medicine. 2006, 63, 3: 575-586
8 Australia New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 2006; 30(3): 205-212.
Page last updated: 11:32am, 15