1860 - Birth of a Swedish etcher, painter, and sculptor
- Was a Swedish exponent of 19th century naturalism and impressionism.
- As a student at the Stockholm Academy, he began his life long and highly successful career as a fashionable portraitist.
- Typical of his best work is his vivacious Mrs. Gardner in Venice (1894; Gardner Museum Boston).
- Zorn’s admiration for Edouard Manet’s work is reflected in his delicate grays and refined lighting effects.
- Voluptuous, almost stout nudes were his favorite subject; he also painted scenes of peasant life.
1920 - Died on September 20
This page is copyright © s9.com