1975 - Born on the 18th of November in Charleston, West Virginia.
1995-1996 - He averaged 13.4 ppg and 6.4 apg in his freshman year at Marshall University.
- When coach Billy Donovan accepted the head coaching position at the University of Florida in the summer, Williams followed him to Gainesville.
1997-1998 - Williams led the Gators as their starting point guard.
- Williams set a Florida record with 17 assists in a on the 3rd of December game against Duquesne. Almost single-handedly, he beat the eventual NCAA champion Kentucky Wildcats with a barrage of three-pointers at Rupp Arena. Later that season, Florida would permanently suspend Williams for drug use after three previous suspensions.
- His choice paid dividends in June, when he was the 7th overall selection in the NBA Draft by the Sacramento Kings.
2000 - On the 20th of July, Williams was suspended for the first five games of the 2000-01 NBA season for failure to comply with his treatment obligations under the NBA's anti-drug program. The NBA does not release details of violations of the anti-drug program.
- On the 29th of November, the NBA fined Williams $10,000 for comments to a fan at the Alamodome in San Antonio.
2001 - The Sacramento Kings traded Williams to the Vancouver Grizzlies for Mike Bibby.
- On the 28th of February, Williams, while playing for the Sacramento Kings, shouted racist and homophobic slurs to Michael Ching, a Golden State Warriors season ticket holder, and to several other Asian Americans seated beside Ching during a Warriors game at the Oakland Arena.
2005 - On the 2nd of August, he and teammate James Posey were two of thirteen players involved in the biggest trade in league history that saw them being dealt to the Miami Heat in exchange for shooting guard Eddie Jones.
Page last updated: 3:24pm, 18th May '07