1948 - Born in Eastern Turkey.
1960-1970 - took up political science at Ankara University.
1972 - Got imprisoned because he was accused to be associating with communist and terorist groups.
1978 - Organized the Kurdish People's Party (PKK) in November.
1984 - Instigated guerilla warfare against the Turkish government in the South-Eastern provinces.
1988 - In June, he put forward a ceasefire to the Turkish authorities under two conditions, that the prisoners.
would be freed and the PKK be legalised
1993 - Decided a unilateral ceasefire.
1984 - Exiled to Syria.
1998 - He was evicted from Syria in October.
- He requested for political asylum in Moscow but the Russian government was under pressure from three countries US, Israel, and Turkey.
- Went to Rome on the 13th of November, and asked for asylum.
- In December, he officially announced his desire to be under International Court.
1999 - Left Italy.
- Tried to go the Hague but got denied and was not able to enter Netherlands.
- On the 16th of February, he was jailed in Turkey after being kidnapped in Kenya by Turkish secret agents.
- sentenced to death on th 29th of June, for setting up PKK and launching a 15-year war against the government of Turkey.
- On tne 3rd of August, Ocalan urged his supporters to stop the armed struggle and pull out of Southeast Turkey on the 1st of September.
This page is copyright © s9.com