1965 - Born on the 2nd of September, in West Ham, London, England.
1977 - Moved to Kitchener, Ontario, Canada at the age of 12.
- He attended Cameron Heights Collegiate Institute for High School, where he excelled in the sports of Canadian football, football and basketball.
1983 - He became a dominant amateur boxer and won the world amateur junior title.
- He travelled to Seoul, South Korea for the 1988 Summer Olympics and achieved his goal. In the gold medal match, Lewis defeated future world champion Riddick Bowe by a second round technical knockout.
1988 - Won gold medal in Olympic super heavyweight boxing, for Canada.
1990 - Lewis captured the European heavyweight title.
1991 - British heavyweight title and Commonwealth title.
1992 - In April, Lewis was a consensus top-five heavyweight in the world.
1994 - He successfully defended the belt three times against Tony Tucker, who was decked for the first time in his career, Phil Jackson and Frank Bruno before he suffered a controversial knockout loss at the hands of Oliver McCall on the 24th of September.
1998 - On the 28th of March, he retained the WBC world title when he knocked out linear champion Shannon Briggs in five rounds.
- He had also retained the title this time against former WBO world champion Henry Akinwande, who was disqualified after five rounds for constantly clinching Lewis.
1999 - On the 13th of March, he faced WBA and IBF titlist Evander Holyfield in New York City in what was supposed to be a heavyweight unification bout.
- Defeated Evander Holyfield in rematch.
- Heavyweight boxing champion.
- WBA heavyweight boxing champion.
2001 - He successfully defended his title three times: knocking out Michael Grant in two rounds, knocking out Francois Botha in two, and winning a twelve round decision against David Tua. However, on the 21st of April.
2002 - On the 8th of June, he defended his title against Tyson. A fight many had hoped would turn out to be one of the classics in fact turned out to be very one-sided as Lennox used his jab and superior reach to record a dominant victory over a very faded "Iron Mike".
2003 - In May, he sued boxing promoter Don King for $385 million, claiming that King used threats to have Tyson pull out of a rematch scheduled with Lewis for a month later.
2004 - On the 6th of February, in a press conference held in London, Lewis became the first reigning lineal heavyweight titlist to relinquish the title since Rocky Marciano in 1956.
2007 - He again, announced on the 4th of March, after the Edison Miranda V. Allen Green fight, that he was not coming out of retirement. He said he was putting on weight and that "You've never seen a skinny King".
This page is copyright © s9.com