BŁndchen, Gisele Caroline Nonnenmacher
Born: Jul 20, 1980 AD
Currently alive, at 33 years of age.
1980 - Born on July 20th in Horizontina, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. Brazilian supermodel.
1993 - Her mother signed her up for a "mannequin course", explicitly for girls who wanted to be models.
1994 - She went to a town for a school trip and was "discovered" eating at a McDonald's, and signed as a model.
- Selected for a national contest and won second.
1996 - Began modeling in New York City.
- Debut at Fashion Week.
1999 - Rolling Stone announced that she was "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World".
- Appeared four times in Vogue cover.
- Model of the Year, VH1/Vogue.
2000 - Labelled as "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" by Rolling Stone magazine.
- Became part of the modeling group of Victoria's Secret.
2001-2005 - Her own line of shoes, called "Ipanema Gisele Bundchen", have sold more than 100 million pairs.
- She turned down a 20 million dollar offer from Clonaid to became their spokesperson.
- Dated model Scott Barnhill, billionaire Joao-Paolo Diniz, actor Josh Harnett and actor Leonardo DiCaprio which ended after 3 years.
- Appeared in the films, "Ali G Indahouse" and "Taxi".
- She donated $150,000, her fee for one fashion show in São Paulo Fashion Week, to help fight hunger in her native Brazil.
2006 - Forbes magazine's highest paid model and top model.
- Chosen by Brazilian magazine IstoÉ Gente as the "most powerful woman in Brazil".
- Appeared in the film, "The Devil Wears Prada".
2007 - Dated NFL player Tom Brady.
- Chosen by Time magazine as one of the 100 Most Influential People in the world.
- Became the model and spokesperson for Dolce and Gabbana.
Page last updated: 2:07am, 07th Feb '08