Born: Jul 09, 1959 AD
Currently alive, at 53 years of age.
1959 - Born in Englewood, New Jersey on the 9th of July.
1990-2002 - He served in the New Jersey General Assembly representing the 24th legislative district, which covers all of Sussex County and several municipalities in Morris and Hunterdon counties.
1998-2000 - He unsuccessfully ran for Congress against incumbent Congresswoman Marge Roukema.
2002 - General election, he faced Democrat Anne Sumers, a former Republican, in the general election. Roukema didn't endorse Garrett in the general election.
2003 - He was one of several House conservatives who joined Democrats in opposing the Medicare Modernization Act.
2004 - Was reelected with 58% of the vote.
- He declined to debate his opponent Anne Wolfe, several times, claiming to have conflicts with his schedule in Washington D.C. Eventually he debated her twice.
- He serves as a member of both the House Budget Committee and the House Financial Services Committee.
- He received perfect 100 ratings from the American Conservative Union.
- He led a drive to demand the immediate resignation of Governor Jim McGreevey after he admitted to an extramarital affair with a male state employee.
2006 - Defeated his Republican primary rival, Michael J. Cino of Bergen County.
- He defeated Paul Aronsohn and Independent R. Matthew Fretz to maintain his position as congressman.
Page last updated: 4:05pm, 21st Mar '07