Francesca da Rimini
Born: 1255 AD
Died: 1285? AD.
1255 - Francesca da Polenta was born.
- She was a historical contemporary of Dante Alighieri, who portrayed her as a character in the Divine Comedy.
- Guido da Polenta had been at war with the Malatesta family.
- Giovanni was brave but lame and deformed.
- Francesca fell in love with Paolo and was unaware of the deception until the morning after the wedding day.
- Paolo and Francesca became lovers after being seduced by their reading of the story of Lancelot and Guinevere.
1285 - They were subsequently surprised and murdered by Giovanni.
Page last updated: 5:05am, 23rd May '07