Born: Nov 06, 1956 AD
Currently alive, at 58 years of age.
1956 - Born on the 6th of November in Brussels.
1960 - Emigrated to the Belgian Congo and returned to Belgium.
1986 - In February, Dutroux and Martin were arrested for abducting and raping five young girls.
1989 - In April, he was sentenced to thirteen and a half years in prison.
1992 - Martin received a sentence of five years. Showing good behaviour in prison, he was released on parole in April.
- Julie Lejeune and Mélissa Russo were kidnapped together on the 24th of June, probably by Dutroux, and imprisoned in Dutroux's cellar.
- 17-year-old An Marchal and 19-year-old Eefje Lambrecks were kidnapped on the 22nd of August while on a camping trip in Ostend.
1995 - Dutroux came under investigation for his involvement in stolen luxury cars.
1996 - He was in custody from December 6, until March 20,. It is likely that Julie Lejeune and Mélissa Russo starved to death during this time.
- Sabine Dardenne was kidnapped and imprisoned in the dungeon on the 28th of May on her way to school, by Dutroux and his accomplice Michel Lelièvre.
- On the 9th of August, the two men kidnapped Laetitia Delhez when she was walking home at night from a public swimming pool.
- Dutroux, his wife Martin and Lelièvre were arrested on the 13th of August.
- On the 17th of August, Dutroux led police to another house of his, in Sars-la-Buissière.
- They were located on the 3rd of September in Jumet, buried under a shack next to a house owned by Dutroux.
1998 - A 17-month investigation by a parliamentary commission into the Dutroux affair produced a report in February.
2000 - Dutroux received a five-year sentence for threatening a police officer during his escape.
In 2002, he received another five-year sentence for unrelated crimes.
2003 - The nineteen year-old Sabine Dardenne gave her first interview to the press.
2004 - Dutroux's trial began on the 1st of March, some seven and a half years after his initial arrest.
- On the 14th of June, after three months of trial, the jury went into seclusion to reach their verdicts on Dutroux and the three other accused, which were returned on June 17 after three days of deliberation.
- On the 22nd of June Dutroux received the maximum sentence of life imprisonment, while Martin received 30 years and Lelièvre 25 years.
Page last updated: 1:54pm, 20th Jun '07