Clooney, George Timothy
Born: May 06, 1961 AD
Currently alive, at 54 years of age.
1961 - Born on the 6th of May in Lexington, Kentucky. American actor.
1970 - After seeing the movie "The Pride of the Yankees," he fell for baseball at age 15.
1979 - Clooney attended Kentucky's Augusta High School, which he graduated, but was a poor student.
1981 - He briefly attended Northern Kentucky University, but did not graduate, earning no more than freshman level credits.
1984 - His first steady TV role was in the medical sitcom "E/R" that was based in Chicago and co-starred Elliott Gould, Mary McDonnell and Jason Alexander.
1989-1993 - Married to actress Talia Balsam.
1994 - Clooney achieved stardom when he was selected to play Dr. Doug Ross on the NBC hit drama "ER", alongside Anthony Edwards's character, as his best friend partner, Dr. Mark Greene.
1996 - Starred in the movies, "From Dusk Till Dawn" and "One Fine Day".
1997 - Appeared in "Batman and Robin".
1998 - Starred in "Out of Sight".
1999 - Played the role of Dr. Doug Ross in the hit television series "ER".
2000 - Cast in the films, "The Perfect Storm" and "O Brother, Where Art Thou?".
2001 - He teamed up with Soderbergh again for "Ocean's Eleven", a remake of the Rat Pack film "Ocean's Eleven". Alongside Clooney the film also starred Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Andy Garcia, Don Cheadle, Bernie Mac, and Julia Roberts.
2002 - Starred in "Welcome to Collinwood".
- Directed his own film entitled "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind".
2003 - Starred in "Intolerable Cruelty".
2004 - Starred in "Ocean's Twelve".
2005 - Starred in "Syriana", which was based loosely on former Central Intelligence Agency agent Robert Baer and his memoirs of being an agent in the Middle East.
- Clooney is active in advocating a resolution of the Darfur conflict. His efforts include an episode of Oprah and speaking at the Save Darfur rally in Washington, D.C. on the 30th of April.
- On the 8th of July, news reports said that Clooney would be working with Cindy Crawford's husband Rande Gerber to design and build a new casino hotel in Las Vegas.
2006 - Nominated for his achievement in directing and original screenplay for "Good Night and Good Luck" and as best supporting actor for "Syriana" in the Academy Award.
- Noticed as a nominee David Lean Award for Achievement in Directing by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts.
- He bagged the Golden Globe and Academy Award for an actor in a supporting role (for the movie Syriana).
- Urged United Nations Security Council to act upon the ongoing violence in Sudan and he warned them that genocide is taking place in the Darfur region.
2007 - On the 25th of March, he sent an open letter to German chancellor Angela Merkel.
- Clooney is behind 'Not On Our Watch', an organization that focuses global attention and resources to stop and prevent mass atrocities, along with Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Don Cheadle, and Jerry Weintraub.
Page last updated: 2:13pm, 06th Feb '08