1903 - Born in Washington, DC on the 14th of June.
1924 - He received a bachelor's degree from Princeton University.
1929 - Professor of mathematics and philosophy at Princeton University.
- Discoverer and eponym of Church's theorem.
- Co-developer and co-eponym of Church Turing thesis.
- Developer and eponym of Church's thesis.
- Developed lambda calculus.
- Helped found "Journal of Symbolic Logic".
1956 - Wrote textbook "Introduction to Mathematical Logic".
1967-1990 - Professor at University of California at Los Angeles
1979 - He was the founding editor of the Journal of Symbolic Logic, editing its reviews section.
1995 - Died on the 11th of August in Princeton Cemetery.
Page last updated: 1:21pm, 01st May '07