Carey, Mariah Angela
Born: Mar 27, 1970 AD
Currently alive, at 44 years of age.
1970 - Born in Huntington, Long Island, New York on the 27th of March. American singer and actress.
1990 - She released her debut album "Mariah Carey".
- Won Grammy Awards for "Best New Artist" and "Best Female Pop Vocal Performance" from her debut single "Vision of Love".
1991 - Released her second album "Emotions". She worked with with Walter Afanasieff and the dance group "C&C Music Factory". During this year she gained world wide recognition.
- The title track "Emotions" reached #1 on the US HOT 100 charts.
- She also began producing for several artist like Penny Ford and Daryl Hall.
1992 - She first appeared on television on "MTV Unplugged" were she sang acoustic versions of her songs.
1993 - Mariah and Tommy Monttola got married on June 5th.
- Garnered her first UK #1 single "Without You", as well as the U.S. number-ones "Dream Lover" and "Hero".
1995 - She released her album "Daydream" which included R&B and hip hop influences.
1997 - With the release of her album "Butterfly" yielded her the #1 single "Honey".
- She also wrote song for the movie "Men in Black".
- Her album "Butterfly" is more of a confessional album she has ever made.
1998 - Won an Academy Award for "When You Believe" a duet she sang with Whitney Houston.
- In March she and her husband Tommy Mottola divorced.
- Various sources cite Mariah being unhappy with promotion (or lack thereof) at Sony, but the truth is certainly more complicated.
1999 - Released her 6th studio album "Rainbow" The album comprised of more hip hop influences.
- Mariah won the Horizon Award at the Congressional Foundation Awards for her work with and for children.
2001 - She was proclaimed as "Artist of the Decade" with the most selling album for an artist.
- Signed an $80 million deal with Virgin Records for her next four albums.
- Mariah suffered a physical and emotional breakdown, and spent the next couple weeks recovering in a Connecticut mental hospital.
- Starred in the movie "Glitter" which was one of the worst movies ever made according to movie critics.
2002 - She starred in the movie "Wise Girls".
- Her seventh studio album, titled 'Charmbracelet' was released on December.
2003 - Gave acclaimed performances at State Kremlin Palace, Moscow, and in St. Petersburg, Russia.
2005 - Her non current song, "All I Want For Christmas Is You" reached the #1 spot in the Digital Songs and Tracks the week of December 22th.
2006 - Named #28 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World" supplement.
Page last updated: 12:31am, 15th Feb '08