Bowe, Riddick Lamont
Born: Aug 10, 1967 AD
Currently alive, at 45 years of age.
1967 - Born on the 10th of August in Brooklyn, New York.
1984 - At the age of 17 he knocked out opponent James Smith in just 4 seconds.
1985 - In the National Golden Gloves championship he lost to Ft. Worth Lt. Hvy. wt. Donald Stephens.
1988 - He also won the silver medal in the Seoul Olympics, stopped in 2 rounds by Lennox Lewis.
1989 - Bowe turned pro in March, knocking out novice (but future #1 contender) Lionel Butler.
1990 - In September, he made his first step up in class, fighting faded ex-champ Pinklon Thomas, who he dominated until Thomas was pulled out after 8 rounds.
1991 - In March, he overcame some rocky opening rounds to knockout the 84' Olympic Super-Heavyweight Gold medallist Tyrell Biggs, however his image suffered when in his next fight, slick boxing ex-champ Tony Tubbs, whose own career had suffered with drugs and weight issues, appeared to outbox and outsmart Bowe, only to have the judges award Bowe with a unanimous decision that was jeered loudly by the crowd.
- In August, he knocked out future champ Bruce Seldon in 1 round.
1992 - In July, fought Pierre Coetzer in an eliminator, knocking out the durable South African in 7 rounds.
- In November, he fought reigning champ Evander Holyfield for the Undisputed title.
1993 - Bowe defended the title against 34 year old washed up ex-champ Michael Dokes, who he bombed out in 1 round.
- With pressure mounting for Bowe to face WBC champ Lennox Lewis, Bowe and co. instead elected to face Holyfield in a rematch in November.
1994 - Bowe's overeating was getting out of control.
- In December, he punched Larry Donald at a press conference, however the fight was less exciting as Bowe outpointed the 92' Olympian in a dull fight serving the 16-0 Donald his first loss.
1995 - In March, Bowe picked up the less regarded WBO belt by decking Englands Herbie Hide some 6 times en route to a 6th round KO.
- In June, after a heated build up, he defended the title against his hated arch rival in the amateurs, Jorge Luis Gonzales in Las Vegas.
2004 - In September, after seven and a half years away from boxing, Bowe returned with a second round knockout over Marcus Rhode.
2005 - In a second comeback fight in April, Bowe narrowly defeated journeyman Billy Zumbrun, in a fight in which Bowe was badly overweight and absorbed many heavy blows from Zumbrun.
Page last updated: 1:27pm, 04th Sep '07