Thomas J. Black, Jr.
Born: Aug 28, 1969 AD
Currently alive, at 46 years of age.
1969 - Born on August 28th in Redondo Beach, Santa Monica, California.
1979 - His parents got divorced when he was ten years old.
1982 - Made acting debut in a commercial for the Atari videogame Pitfall at age thirteen.
1992 - Sang backup vocals for the songs in "Bob Roberts". The first revelation of Black's visage to the public at large was accomplished in the film "Bob Roberts".
1994 - Appeared in the TV-movies "Blind Justice" (HBO) and "The Innocent" (NBC).
- Formed Tenacious D with guitarist Kyle Gass.
- He was featured in the fantasy sequel "The Neverending Story III".
1995-1999 - Black had wisely taken steps to avoid the premature ejaculation of his revelation by tempering his public image ahead of time with roles in really retarded movies like "Waterworld", "Bio-Dome" and "The Cable Guy".
- Balance was maintained by flashes of brilliance in "Dead Man Walking", "Mars Attacks!", and "The Cradle Will Rock".
- Brought his frenetic screen presence to featured roles in the independent feature "Johnny Skidmarks" (debuted on HBO) and the big-budget action thriller "Enemy of the State".
2001 - Black's performance and his onscreen rapport with the equally talented Zahn helped to keep the comedy afloat.
2002 - Black provided the voice of Zeke in the popular CGI-animated comedy "Ice Age".
2005 - Appeared in a parody of the Council of Elrond scene shown during the MTV movie awards. Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson later cast him in King Kong.
2006 - Married Tanya Haden, a cellist, on March 14th.
- Jack and his wife, Tanya Haden, became the parents of a boy, Samuel, on June 10th.
Page last updated: 2:14pm, 06th Feb '07