Born: May 10, 1955 AD
Currently alive, at 58 years of age.
Categories: TV Host
1955 - Born on the 10th of May in Greenwich, Connecticut, USA. American television sportscaster.
1977 - Hosted a news talk show and covered football and basketball games for WERI radio in Westerly, Rhode Island.
1979 - Berman's first television exposure came when he joined WVIT TV, an NBC affiliate in Hartford, Conn., as a weekend sports anchor.
- Berman joined ESPN in October a month after the cable channel debuted.
1980 - Hosted the network's coverage of the NFL Draft.
1983 - Married to Kathy Alexinski on July 23rd.
1987 - Anchored the pregame and postgame highlight shows during the NFL season.
1988 - He hosted ESPN's first ever sports game show, "Boardwalk and Baseball's Super Bowl of Sports Trivia".
1989-1990 - Chris Berman has been selected the National Sportscaster of the Year by the members of the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association.
- In addition to the NSSA Awards, he was also honored with a Cable Ace Award as cable's best sports host and The Cable Guide readers voted him "Best Cable Sportscaster."
- He also hosts the Sunday night edition of Baseball Tonight, the network's nightly Major League Baseball news, highlights and features program.
1991 - Inducted into the Brown University Athletic Hall of Fame.
- Chris Berman hosts NFL GameDay, a weekly Sunday morning pre game show which won a Sports Emmy Award and a Cable ACE NFL PrimeTime, ESPN's extensive Sunday evening highlight show and ESPN's Sunday night NFL telecasts.
1995 - Berman called Cal Ripken, Jr.'s record breaking 2,131st consecutive game.
- He was ranked number 90 on The Sporting News' Top 100 Most Powerful People in Sports.
1996 - He joined ABC Sports as the halftime host on Monday Night Football.
- Chief play-by-play announcer for ESPN's Wednesday baseball telecasts.
Page last updated: 12:39am, 04th Aug '07