Bellucci, Monica Anna Maria
Born: Sep 30, 1964 AD
Currently alive, at 50 years of age.
1968 - Born on the 30th of September in Città di Castello, Perugia, Italy. Italian actress and model.
- While attending the University of Perugia, she modeled on the side to earn money for school, and this led to her modeling career.
1988 - She moved to one of Europe's fashion centers, Milan, and joined Elite Model Management.
1989 - Began posing for Dolce & Gabbana and French Elle.
- Engaged to actor Nicola Farron.
1990-1992 - Made her acting debut on television.
- Her American film debut Bram Stoker's "Dracula".
1996 - Her role in the French thriller, "Appartement L", shot her to stardom as she won the French equivalent of an Oscar nomination.
1998 - Made a nude calendar for the Italian magazine Max and another one for the Italian magazine GQ.
1999 - Married to Vincent Cassel and had a child.
2000 - Appeared in "Under Suspicion".
- Lead role in the Italian hit film "Malena", earning Golden Globe for Best Foreign Language Film, playing the role of an attractive war widow.
2003 - Had an appearance in "The Matrix Reloaded" and in "Tears of the Sun".
2004 - Played the role of Mary Magdalene in the movie "The Passion of the Christ".
- She was elected the most beautiful woman in the world by French viewers on a television show "La Plus belle femme du monde" on the 8th of November.
- Posed nude for Vanity Fair magazine.
2006 - Member of the jury at the Cannes Film Festival.
Page last updated: 12:10am, 16th Feb '08