Becu, Marie Jeanne
Born: Aug 19, 1743 AD
Died: 1793 AD, at 50 years of age.
1743 - Born on the 19th of August.
1758 - She moved to Paris, where, using the name Jeanne Rancon
- Worked as a milliner's assistant in a shop.
1763 - Jean du Barry made her his mistress.
- She first served as courtesan to Louis François Armand du Plessis, Duc de Richelieu.
1769 - Married Comte Guillaume du Barry.
- She was presented to the King's family and the court on 2nd of April.
1774 - Retired from court upon death of Louis XV.
1792 - She made several trips to London on the pretext of recovering stolen jewellery.
- Suspected of giving financial aid to emigres from the French Revolution.
1793 - Arrested by the Revolutionary Tribunal of Paris on charges of treason.
- After a trial, she was executed by guillotine on the Place de la Concorde on 8th of December.
Page last updated: 6:21pm, 30th Jul '07