Lavigne-Whibley, Avril Ramona
1984 - Born on the 27th of September in Belleville, Ontario, Canada. Canadian rock/pop rock singer, songwriter, model, and occasional actress.
1998 - Won a competition to sing with fellow Canadian singer Shania Twain on her first major concert tour.
- She appeared alongside Twain at her concert in Ottawa, appearing on stage to sing.
2002 - Was named "Best New Artist" at the MTV Video Music Awards.
2003 - Won four Juno Awards (out of six nominations), a World Music Award for World's Best-Selling Canadian Singer, and was nominated for 8 Grammy Awards, including Song of the Year for "Complicated" and Best New Artist.
2004 - Won two World Music Awards for World's Best Pop/Rock Artist and World's Best-Selling Canadian Artist.
- Released "Don't Tell Me", "My Happy Ending", and "Nobody's Home" from her second album.
2005 - Married Deryck Whibley, the lead singer of Canadian pop-punk group Sum 41.
- Released "Fall to Pieces" from her album "Under My Skin".
- Received five Juno Award nominations, picking up three, including Fan Choice Award, Artist of the Year, and Pop Album of the Year.
- She also won the award for Favourite Female Singer at the eighteenth Annual Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards.
2007 - Released "Girlfriend", her 1st single from her 3rd album, "The Best Damn Thing".
Page last updated: 2:37am, 01st Feb '08