Born: 1704 AD
Died: 1759 AD, at 55 years of age.
1704 - Born in a village called Netherdale, in Yorkshire, in the year 1704.
- While still young, he married and settled as a schoolmaster at Netherdale. At Netherdale, he taught himself both Latin and Greek.
1734-1735 - He removed to Knaresborough where he remained as schoolmaster until 1745.
1745 - Daniel Clark, an intimate friend of Aram, after obtaining a considerable quantity of goods from some tradesmen in the them, has suddenly disappeared. Suspicions fell upon Aram. When his garden was searched, some of the goods were found there. Since there was not sufficient evidence to convict him of the crime, he was discharged, and soon set out for London, leaving his wife behind.
- For several years he traveled through parts of England, acting as usher in a number of schools and settled eventually at the Grammar School at King's Lynn, in Norfolk.
- When he was traveling, he was able to amass materials for a work he had projected in etymology, entitled A Comparative Lexicon of the English, Latin, Greek, Hebrew and Celtic Languages. As a philologist, he was able to realize that Latin was derived from Greek.
1758 - A skeleton was dug up at Knaresborough and some suspicion rose that it might be Clark's. Adam's wife had hinted that her husband an a man named Houseman knew the secret of why Clark disappearance.
- Houseman was arrested and was confronted with the bones that they found. When he said "This is no more Dan Clark's bone than it is mine," it further arose suspicion and thus making him give more information on where the body was actually buried. A skeleton was dug up in St. Roberts Cave and Aram was immediately arrested and sent to York for trial.
- Aram conducted his own defense and said that there are several instances that bones had been found in caves and those were probably of a hermit who had taken up abode in the cave.
1759 - As Aram was found guilty, he was condemned to be executed on the 6th of August, only three days after his trial. On the night before his executing he made an unsuccessful attempt at suicide by opening the veins of his arm.
Page last updated: 2:32am, 09th May '07