Ruiz, Marco Antonio Muņiz
Born: Sep 16, 1969 AD
Currently alive, at 45 years of age.
1968 - Born on September 16th in New York City. American singer-songwriter.
1983 - Started writing and composing songs.
1985 - He was the session vocalist for Freestyle music and Underground New York House music acts.
- He worked as a songwriter and backing vocalist for pop acts like Menudo and the Latin Rascals.
1988 - Released his first music record, "Rebel", under Bluedog Records.
- He wrote and produced the hit song "Boy I've Been Told" for fellow Freestyle artist Sa-Fire.
1989 - He was the back-up singer for Ann-Marie in the song titled "With or Without You" which was produced by Little Louie Vega and Todd Terry.
1990 - He wrote the song titled "You Should Know By Now" which he sang with Chrissy I-eece.
1991 - He was the back-up singer for Edmond in the song titled "Come Back to Me".
1992 - Together with Little Louie Vega, they opened a performance for Latin bandleader Tito Puente at New York's Madison Square Garden.
1993 - He released his Spanish-language debut, "Otra nota" and this album established Anthony as one of the hottest new stars in Salsamonga.
1994 - He was a featured artist in La India's album "Dicen Que Soy", in the song "Vivir Lo Nuestro".
1995 - His song collection, "Todo a su tiempo", was nominated for a Grammy Award.
1996 - He was included in the movie, "Big Night".
1999 - His song, "Contra la corriente" was sang in his sell-out concert at Madison Square Garden and won the Grammy for Best Tropical Latin Performance.
- Following the crossover success of Jennifer Lopez and Ricky Martin, he released his self-titled English-language Latin Pop album.
- His song entitled "Dimelo" was named Song of the Year at the Latin Grammy winner.
2000 - Married Dayanara Torres on the 9th of May who was a former Miss Universe.
2001 - Released his salsa album known as "Libre" and was certified gold.
2002 - Released his English-language album, Mended.
- He renewed his wedding vows with his wife, Dayanara Torres, on the 7th of December at a cathedral in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
2004 - Divorced his wife Dayanara Torres on the 1st of June.
- He married Jennifer Lopez on the 5th of June and released his Latin Pop album Amar Sin Mentiras.
2005 - His song entitled Amar Sin Mentiras won best Latin Pop Album of The Year and his Valió La Pena won Best Tropical Album of The Year at the Latin Grammy Awards.
2006 - He released his Spanish greatest-hits album, 'Sigo Siendo Yo'.
Page last updated: 1:02pm, 14th Feb '08