Ailes, Roger Eugene
1940 - Born on the 15th of May Warren, Ohio, United States.
1962 - He graduated from Ohio University in Athens, Ohio, receiving a Bachelor of Arts.
- His second marriage was to Norma E. Ailes who had been a television producer with Mission Media Ministries.
1967 - He received two Emmy awards for two years consecutively for the show, The Mike Douglas Show.
- He had a spirited discussion about television in politics with one of the show's guests, Richard Nixon.
1969 - He founded Ailes Communications, Inc., in New York and consulted for various businesses and politicians, including WCBS-TV.
1972 - He also tried his hand in theater production with the Broadway musical Mother Earth.
1973 - He received 4 Obie Awards to his off-Broadway hit play "Hot-L Baltimore".
1974 - He was executive producer for a television special The Last Frontier.
- He produced and directed a television special, Fellini: Wizards, Clowns and Honest Liars.
1984 - He returned to presidential campaigning as a consultant to Ronald Reagan.
- He won an Emmy Award as executive producer and director of a television special, Television and the Presidency.
1988 - He was credited (along with Lee Atwater) with guiding George H. W. Bush to a come-from-behind victory over Michael Dukakis.
- He wrote a book with Jon Kraushar called You Are the Message: Secrets of the Master Communicators,
1991 - He convinced a syndicator to bring Rush Limbaugh from radio to television and became executive producer of the late-night show.
1992 - He did not work on the Bush campaign against Bill Clinton.
- He announced his withdrawal from political consulting.
1993 - He became president of NBC's cable channel CNBC and began planning another NBC cable channel, America's Talking.
1994 - He also hosted his own nightly show, Straight Forward, an hour-long talk show in the new channel debuted on the 4th of July.
1996 - He left the network in February.
- He worked his staff through five months of grueling 14-hour workdays and several weeks of rehearsal shows before launch, on the 7th of October.
1997 - He was engaged to Elizabeth Tilson on the month of July.
1998 - He married on the 14th of February to Elizabeth Tilson, formerly a television executive, she is now a homemaker.
2005 - He was named Chairman of the Fox Television Stations Group on the 15th of August.
- He hired former CBS executive Dennis Swanson in October, who will be president of the Fox Television Stations Group.
Page last updated: 1:21pm, 22nd Jun '07