Born: Mar 22, 1869 AD
Died: 1964 AD, at 94 years of age.
1869 - Born on the 22nd of March in Kawit, Cavite, Philippines.
1880 - He took up his secondary course education at the Colegio de San Juan de Letran.
1886 - He was elected cabeza de barangay of Binakayan and held this position serving for his town-mates for eight years.
1895 - He was elected town head on the 1st of January, becoming the first person to hold the title of kapitan municipal of Cavite El Viejo.
- He joined the Katipunan brotherhood, a secret organization then led by Andres Bonifacio.
1896 - His first marriage was Hilaria Del Rosario and they had five children.
- He helped the Philippines erupt in revolt against the Spaniards with the Katipunan.
1897 - He was elected instead to the office of Secretary of the Interior.
- He was confirmed the death sentence, and the dying Bonifacio was hauled to the mountains of Maragondon in Cavite, and executed on the 10th of May.
- He signed a pact with the Spaniards on the 14th of December, The Pact of Biak-na-Bato, agreed to end hostilities and exile himself in exchange for amnesty and cash amounting to 800,000 pesos.
1899 - He led resistance to the Americans, then retreated to northern Luzon, with the Americans on his trail.
1901 - He was captured in Palanan, Isabela on the 23rd of March by US General Frederick Funston.
- He pledged allegiance to America on the 1st of April.
1919 - He transformed his home in Kawit into a monument to the flag, the revolution and the declaration of Independence.
1921 - His second wife was Maria Agoncillo.
1935 - He ran for president but lost by a landslide to fiery Spanish mestizo Manuel L. Quezon.
1946 - He lived to see independence granted to the Philippines on the 4th of July.
1950 - He was appointed by President Elpidio Quirino as a member of the Council of State, where he served a full term.
- He returned to retirement soon after, dedicating his time and attention to veteran soldiers' interests and welfare.
1962 - He rose from his sickbed to attend the celebration of independence, 64 years after he declared it.
1964 - He died of coronary thrombosis on the 6th of February, at the Veterans Memorial Hospital in Quezon City, Philippines. He was 95 years old and his remains are buried at the Aguinaldo Shrine in Kawit, Cavite.
Page last updated: 7:04am, 29th Jun '07