Aguilera, Christina Maria
Born: Dec 18, 1980 AD
Currently alive, at 34 years of age.
1980 - Aguilera was born in Staten Island, New York on December 18th. American singer.
1990 - Participated in the Star Search on March 15th but failed to win.
1993 - Joined the Disney Channel's variety show "The New Mickey Mouse Club".
1998 - Aguilera was selected to record the song "Reflection" for the Disney animated production of "Mulan" which led her to a contract with RCA Records.
1999 - Released her self-titled debut album "Christina Aguilera" on August 24th. Won the Grammy Award of being the "Best New Artist".
2000 - Released her first spanish album, Mi Reflejo (My Reflection) on September 12th.
- Received a Blockbuster Award for her single "Genie in a Bottle", won a Grammy Award and an ALMA Award for "Best New Artist".
- Received a Starlight Award for "Outstanding Humanitarian Contribution" and became "Female Artist of the Year" at the Billboard Music Award.
2001 - Aguilera and three other artist were chosen to sing the remake of Patti LaBells 1975 single "Lady Marmalade", each of them earned a Grammy Award for "Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals".
- Received the "Best Pop Album of the Year" at the Billboard Latin Music Award.
- Received the "Favorite Latin Album of the Year: 'Mi Reflejo'" and "Favorite Female Artist of the Year" at the Blockbuster Award.
- Received the "Best Female Pop Vocal Album: 'Mi Reflejo'" at the Latin Grammy Award.
2002 - Aguilera's second English album Stripped was released, majority of the songs were co-written by Aguilera.
2003 - Received the "Best Female Pop Vocal Performance: 'Beautiful'" at the Grammy Award. Received the "Best Female Artist" at the MTV Europe Music Awards.
2004 - Released two singles namely: Car Wash and Tilt Ya Head Back. Officially released a fragrance, "Xpose", which is only available in selected European countries. Received the "Favorite Female Artist" at MTV Asia Award.
2005 - Collaborated with Herbie Hancock, a jazz artist. They were nominated for the Grammy Award for "Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals". Married music executive Jordan Bratman in Napa Valley on November 19th.
- Married to Jordan Bratman on November 19th.
2006 - Signed a contract with European cellphone Orange to represent the company and promote the new release models of Sony Ericsson phones across Europe.
- She was in the Pepsi commercial for the World Cup.
- Her third English album "Back to Basics" was released on August 15th.
- Received the "Best Female Artist" at the MTV Europe Music Awards.
2008 - Gave birth to a baby boy on January 12th. Christina and her husband, music executive Jordan Bratman, named the boy Max Liron Bratman.
Page last updated: 1:37pm, 04th Feb '08