Agassi, Andre Kirk
Born: Apr 29, 1970 AD
Currently alive, at 43 years of age.
Categories: Tennis Player
1970 - Born in Las Vegas, Nevada on April 29th. American tennis player.
1984 - At the age of fourteen, Agassi was sent to study at Nick Bollettieri's Tennis Academy.
1986 - Became a professional tennis player at the age of sixteen.
1987 - Won his first singles title at Itaparica.
1988 - Won six tennis tournament and had earned $2 million after playing in just 43 tournaments which is incredible that he achieved it in such a short time.
1990 - Agassi was included in the United States Team and won its first Davis Cup after 8 years.
1992 - Won the men's single in Wimbledon after defeating Goran Ivanisevic.
- He was named the BBC Overseas Sports Personality of the Year.
1993 - Together with Peter Korda, they captured the the tennis doubles division.
1994 - Conquered the Canada Masters tournament and United States Open as an unseeded player.
- Founded the Andre Agassi Charitable Association in Las Vegas to assists the youth.
1995 - Entered in the Australian Open for the first time and he swept the tournament in his first attempt, beating Pete Sampras in a four final set.
- Agassi was ranked World No. 1 for the first time and held the rank until November. For the third time, he was again a key player for the U.S Team in winning the third and final Davis Cup.
1996 - Won a gold medal for the men's single at the Olympic Games in Atlanta, successfully defended his singles titles at the Cincinnati Masters and Miami Masters.
1997 - Agassi was ranked at World No. 141 because of a wrist injury.
- He married Brooke Shields on April 19th.
1998 - Won five titles and became World No. 6, making it the highest jump into a top 10 rank.
1999 - Entered the history books when he won all four Grand Slam titles on different surfaces, a tribute to his adaptability and the first male tennis player to win the Career Gold Slam.
2000 - Started the year by capturing his second Australian Open title.
2001 - Successfully defended his Australian Open title.
- After his divorced with Shields, he married retired tennis star Steffi Graf on October 22nd.
- Opened up the Andre Agassi College Preparatory Academy in Las Vegas.
2002 - An injury forced him not to play at the Australian Open.
2003 - Won his eight and final Grand Slam title of his career at the Australian Open, his sixth Miami Masters on March 31st.
2004 - Won the Cincinnati Masters to bring his career total to 59 top-level singles titles.
- Became the second-oldest singles champion in Cincinnati tournament history.
2005 - Agassi was ranked No. 7 at the end of the year.
- He left NIKE after 17 years of sponsoring him and signed an endorsement deal with Adidas.
2006 - Announced his plans to retire from the court.
Page last updated: 3:18am, 31st Jan '08