1913 - Born on the 9th of January at Yorda Linda, California U.S.A.
1926 - He attended high school in Fullerton High School located at Fullerton, California U.S.A.
1928 - He transfered to Whittier High School located at Whittier, California.
1934 - He graduated first in his class from Whittier High School, and went on to Duke University School
Of Law located at Durham, North Carolina U.S.A.
1940 - He married Thelma "Pat" Ryan a high school teacher on the 21st of June.
- He served as a reserve officer in the Navy during the World War ll.
1946 - He was elected to the United States House of Representatives for California's 12th
1950 - He was elected to the United States Senate.
1952 - At the age of 39, he was elected as a Vice President of United Sates of America.
1960 - He ran in the Presidential election for President, running against John F. Kennedy but he was
defeated, in a close race.
1969 - He became the 37th President of the United States of America.
- He ordered secret bombing campaigns in Cambodia to destroy what was believed to be
the headquarters of the National Front for the Liberation of Vietnam.
1971 - He strongly supported General Yahya Khan of Pakistan during the Indo-Pakistan War
(a major military conflict between India and Pakistan).
1973 - He supported Augusto Pinochet's for the military overthrow of President Salvador Allende
elected Socialist Government of Chili.
1974 - He signed a bill that lowered the maximum U.S. speed limit to 55 miles per hour in order to
conserve gasoline during the energy crisis.
1994 - He died on 22nd of April at the age of 81.
Page last updated: 12:18am, 02
- "When I retire I'm going to spend my evenings by the fireplace going through those boxes. There are things in there that ought to be burned."
- "The greatness comes not when things go always good for you. But the greatness comes when you're really tested, when you take some knocks, some disappointments, when sadness comes. Because only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
- "People have got to know whether or not their president is a crook. Well, I'm not a crook. I earned everything I've got."
- "Under the doctrine of separation of powers, the manner in which the president personally exercises his assigned executive powers is not subject to questioning by another branch of government."
- "[The antiwar movement is] a wild orgasm of anarchists sweeping across the country like a prairie fire."