1981 – Born in Buffalo, New York
– between these years, his mother left their family at age 10
– between these years Chad was a model for Tommy Hilfiger, Gucci, and Sketchers
1999 – had his acting debut on one episode for the TV series "Chicken Soup for the Soul"
– finished high school at Clarence High School, Buffalo, New York
2001 – appeared in the TV series "Gilmore Girls" for a number of episodes
– also one of the supporting actors in "Megiddo: Omega Code 2"
2002 – played the role of Charlie Todd in the hit teenage series "Dawson’s Creek" as the slim, rockstar, short-term boyfriend of Joey (Katie Holmes)
2003 – was part of the comedy film "Freaky Friday" appearing in some stints opposite Lindsay Lohan
– he then emerged to be one of the main stars of yet another hit series entitled "One Tree Hill" where he played the role of a hunky basketball athlete, Lucas Scott, in a small town
– he met his ex-wife and co-star Sophia Bush in the TV series
2004 – his fame , widely attributed to being Lucas Scott, landed him to more projects and in this year he co-starred alongside Hilary Duff in "A Cinderella Story"
– got engaged with Bush in Australia
2005 – On April 16, he got married to his co-star in the T.V. series "One Tree Hill" Sophia Bush in Santa Monica, California; it was on a seaside ceremony.
– they announced that they were separating on September 26, five months after the wedding
– co-starred with Paris Hilton and other new celebrities in the thriller film "House of Wax"
2006 – his wife wanted an annulment in February on the ground of fraud
– in April, People Magazine reported that he got engaged again to the crew member of the same series Kenzie Dalton