Died: -140 AD
1526 BC – Born to Amram and Jochebed in Egypt. Hebrews were forbidden to have male children, so Moses was hidden until at some point he was put out in a basket in the Nile River.
– There he was found by the Pharaoh’s daughter and she took him in.
1486 BC – Killed an Egyptian to stop him from beating a Hebrew slave. Fled to Midian.
– Married Zipporah and lived as a shepherd in Midian.
1446 BC – Returned to Egypt to free the Hebrew people.
– Performs ten signs before the pharaoh before he finally lets the people go.
– Parted the Red Sea through the power of God so that the Hebrew people could walk through it on dry ground.
– Received the Ten Commandments and Mosaic Law from God on Mt. Sinai.
– Wrote the majority of the Pentateuch on the way to Kadesh-Barnea.
1445 BC – Sent the twelve spies into Canaan, but the people refuse to go in.
– Forced to lead the people to wander in the wilderness for forty years.
– During this time, Moses leads the people in defeating the kings Sihon and Og.
1406 BC – Gave a final speech to the Hebrews (What we call the Book of Deuteronomy.) and wrote it down, completing the Pentateuch except for the final prose section completed by Joshua.
– Died on Mt. Nebo.