1526 BC - Born to Amram and Jochebed in Egypt. Hebrews were forbidden to have male children, so Moses was hidden until at some point he was put out in a basket in the Nile River.
- There he was found by the Pharaoh's daughter and she took him in.
1486 BC - Killed an Egyptian to stop him from beating a Hebrew slave. Fled to Midian.
- Married Zipporah and lived as a shepherd in Midian.
1446 BC - Returned to Egypt to free the Hebrew people.
- Performs ten signs before the pharaoh before he finally lets the people go.
- Parted the Red Sea through the power of God so that the Hebrew people could walk through it on dry ground.
- Received the Ten Commandments and Mosaic Law from God on Mt. Sinai.
- Wrote the majority of the Pentateuch on the way to Kadesh-Barnea.
1445 BC - Sent the twelve spies into Canaan, but the people refuse to go in.
- Forced to lead the people to wander in the wilderness for forty years.
- During this time, Moses leads the people in defeating the kings Sihon and Og.
1406 BC - Gave a final speech to the Hebrews (What we call the Book of Deuteronomy.) and wrote it down, completing the Pentateuch except for the final prose section completed by Joshua.
- Died on Mt. Nebo.
Page last updated: 8:58am, 12