Mondale, Walter Frederick (Fritz)
Currently alive, at 87 years of age.
Categories: Politicial Adviser
US diplomat and Democratic politician
Senator from Minnesota 1964-1977
vice-president of US 1977-1981
Democratic vice-presidential candidate 1980
Democratic presidential candidate 1984
US ambassador to Japan 1993-1997
Democratic candidate for Senate from Minnesota 2002 after death of Paul Wellstone
Page last updated: 3:48am, 25
- "I don't want to spend the next two years in Holiday Inns."
- "I said I didn't want to spend most of my life in Holidays Inns, but I've checked and they've all been redecorated. They're marvelous places to stay and I've thought it over and that's where I'd like to be."
- "In our system, at about 11:30 on election night, they just push you off the edge of the cliff-and that's it. You might scream on the way down, but you're going to hit the bottom, and you're not going to be in elective office."
- "Do you want to tear your life apart and get rid of everything you've known as a lifestyle? Like seeing your family? Being with your friends? A fishing trip? A hunting trip? A night's sleep?"
- "Political image is like mixing cement. When it's wet, you can move it around and shape it, but at some point it hardens and there's almost nothing you can do to reshape it."