121 AD - Born on the 26th of April in Rome.
147 AD - He received the proconsular imperium outside Rome and the tribunicia potestas, the main formal powers of emperorship.
145 AD - Married Annia Galeria Faustina or Faustina the Younger, who was Antoninus' daughter and his paternal cousin.
180 AD - Died on the 17th of march in the city of Vindobona.
Page last updated: 8:26am, 24
- "Remember this,--that very little is needed to make a happy life."
- "The happiness and unhappiness of the rational, social animal depends not on what he feels but on what he does; just as his virtue and vice consist not in feeling but in doing."
- "The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it."
- "Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current; no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place, and this too will be swept away."
- "The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing, in so far as it stands ready against the accidental and the unforeseen, and is not apt to fall."