Currently alive, at 50 years of age.
Categories: Authors, Consultants, Director, Entrepreneurs, Explorer, Founder, Inventor, Mathematicians, Professors
1965: Born on October 13th 1965 in Singapore.
1972 – 1977: Attended Anglo-Chinese Primary School, Singapore.
1978 – 1981: Attended Anglo-Chinese Secondary School, Singapore.
1982 – 1983: Attended Hwa Chong Junior College, Singapore.
1984 – 1986: Served in the Singapore Armed Forces, Singapore.
1986 – 1989: National University of Singapore, Singapore; Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Mathematics.
- [Distinctions in Mathematics in all 3 years of study]
1989 – 1991: University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.; Master of Science (M.S.) in Mathematics.
- [Grade Point Average (GPA): 3.96/4.00]
- Awarded University of Washington – Department of Mathematics, U.S.A. Doctoral Scholarship.
- Awarded University of Washington – Department of Mathematics, U.S.A. USD 1,000 Prize Award for outstanding achievements in the First Year in the Doctoral Program in Mathematics.
1989 – 1991: Awarded Tan Kah Kee Foundation, Singapore Postgraduate Scholarship.
1991 – 1994: University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom; Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Stochastic Financial Modeling.
- Thesis title – "Multi-Period Mean-Variance Option Portfolio Strategies".
- Supervisor – Professor Richard R. Weber, Director, Statistical Laboratory, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Cambridge.
- Awarded Cambridge Commonwealth Trust and Shell Group of Companies Doctoral Research Scholarship.
- Awarded Overseas Research Studentship Award (ORSA) from the British Government
1991: University of Washington Alumni Association (UWAA), Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.; Lifetime Member.
1992: Cambridge Commonwealth Society, Cambridge, United Kingdom; Fellow.
1992: Cambridge Philosophical Society, Cambridge, United Kingdom; Fellow.
1993: Institute of Mathematics and Its Applications (IMA), United Kingdom; Fellow since 2003, Associate Fellow from 1993 to 2003.
1994: Cambridge Society, Cambridge, United Kingdom; Lifetime Member.
1994 – 1995: Nomura International, London, United Kingdom; Derivatives Analyst.
- Part of the European swaps desk, was responsible for providing technical modeling expertise.
- Was also responsible for building up the exotic option models library and for the development of the Interest Rate Yield Curves used by the trading team.
1995: The Securities and Futures Authority (SFA), United Kingdom; certified Securities & Financial Derivatives Representative.
1995 – 1997: NatWest Markets. Hong Kong and Singapore; Head – Currency Structured Products, South and South-East Asia.
- As Head of Currency Structured Products, was responsible for the development and structuring of currency structured derivative products as hedging and investment solutions for corporations and institutional clients in the region.
1997 – 1999: American Express Bank, Singapore; Director – Structured Products, Asia Pacific.
- As Director of Structured Products, was responsible for developing and providing structured derivative product solutions for clients’ hedging and investment needs.
- Also responsible for the marketing of such products to regional corporations, institutional and private clients of the Bank
1999 – present: PI ETA Consulting Company, Singapore; Managing Director – Treasury and Financial Risk Management Consulting.
- PI ETA is a Financial Risk Management solutions provider – it is a "one-stop shop" for regional corporations and financial institutions seeking enterprise wide risk management solutions, from consulting/advisory services to training as well as risk management systems and platforms.
- Part of the founding team that conceptualized and started up the Company, providing a unified vision, direction, scope and leadership for the business.
- Responsible for providing technical expertise on financial modeling; directing research and development; providing treasury and enterprise risk management consulting services to clients in the region.
1999: Institute of Mathematics and Its Applications (IMA), United Kingdom; Chartered Mathematician (C.Math.) Status
1999: Barons Who’s Who (BWW), U.S.A., Barons Fellow (B.Fel.) Status
2001: Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP), U.S.A.; certified Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
2001: Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP), U.S.A.; Fellow
2002: Professional Risk Managers International Association (PRMIA), U.S.A.; certified Professional Risk Manager (PRM)
2002: Professional Risk Managers International Association (PRMIA), U.S.A.; Fellow
2003: Principal Inventor, Awarded Patent (P-No. 97839) entitled "Fully Flexible Financial Instrument Pricing System with Intelligent User Interfaces" in accordance with section 35 of the Patents Act (Date of Filing: 28 January 2000, Date of Grant: 31 December 2003).
- Patent P-No. 97839 Technology has been applied to:
- The PERMIT® System
- The PERMIT® Batch Manager System
- The PERMIT® Reports Manager System
- The PERMIT® Auto-Feeds Manager System
- The PERMIT® PayMaster System
- The PERMIT® Risk Manager System
- The PERMIT® Portfolio Manager System
- The PERMIT® Training Manager System
 PERMIT® which is an acronym for PI ETA Risk Management Information Technology, is a registered trademark of PI ETA Consulting Company.
2005: The Science Council, United Kingdom; Chartered Scientist (C.Sci.) Status.
2005: Principal Inventor, Awarded Patent (P-No. 108837) entitled "An Enterprise Knowledge and Information Acquisition, Management and Communications System with Intelligent User Interfaces" in accordance with section 35 of the Patents Act (Date of Filing: 11 March 2002, Date of Grant: 31 March 2005)
- Patent P-No. 108837 Technology has been applied to:
- The PEKE® System
 PEKE® which is an acronym for PI ETA Knowledge Engine, is a registered trademark of PI ETA Consulting Company.
2006 – present: University of New South Wales Asia, Singapore; Adjunct Professor, Finance.
- In recognition of Jeff’s expertise and experience in the field of Treasury and Financial Risk Management, the University of New South Wales Asia appointed Jeff to be its first Adjunct Professor with the university’s Division of Business and Humanities.