Leonardo da vinci was born in italy in 1452
he was a great artist and invintor
he wanted to naw how things work
in 1505 he painted The Monalisa which is the most feumos painting in the world
he invented many strang macheen such as the submarin and the hilo copter
Davinci was relly a great invintor
In Florence he entered the services of Cesare Borgia, the son of Pope Alexander VI, acting as a military architect and engineer; with Cesare he travelled throughout Italy.
1506 - Returned to Milan, now in the hands of Maximilian Sforza after Swiss mercenaries had driven out the French.
1513-1516 - Lived in Rome, where painters like Raphael and Michelangelo were active at the time.
1515-1515 - Commissioned to make a centrepiece (a mechanical lion) for the peace talks between the French king and Pope Leo X in Bologna.
1516 - Entered Francis' service, being given the use of the manor house Clos Lucé next to the king's residence at the royal Chateau Amboise.
1519 - Leonardo died at Clos Lucé, France, on 2nd May.
Developed sfumato technique and improved perspective drawing.
Designed innovative but impractical prototypes of many later inventions, including helicopter, glider, parachute, and military tank.
Student of Andrea del Verrocchio.
Page last updated: 12:39am, 06
- "Life is like a piano... What you get out of it depends on how you play it."
- "If you put on more garments, the cold cannot reach you. Similarly, increase your patience and concentration and even great injuries cannot vex your mind."
- "A clever man without wisdom is like a beautiful flower without fragrance."
- "Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen."
- "The art of procreation and the members employed therein are so repulsive, that if it were not for the beauty of the faces and the adornments of the actors and the pent-up impulse, nature would lose the human species."