1800 – He was born on the 19th day of August of this year in New York City, USA. A graduate of Columbia College, Lenox was a founder of the Presbyterian Hospital in New York City.
1895 - His collection of paintings and books eventually became known as the Lenox Library and later became part of the New York Public Library in this year.
1913 – In this year, his collection was moved to the central library. The Frick Collection stands on the library's former Fifth Avenue site.
1880 – He passed away on the 17th day of February of this year and was buried in the New York City Marble Cemetery
Page last updated: 11:37am, 26