Lee was born January 19th, 1807. He Became a Southern hero. He was called "The Grey Fox" . His Skills were unmatched.Lee declined an offer to control the "Army of The Potomac". When Union General Ambrose Burnside marched to Fredricksburg, Lee was On a hill to "meat" him. Burnside's men made SIX desprate asalts on lee's line. In the end Burnside left Fredricksburg, meaning Lee had won. "The Grey Fox" was UNDEFETED almost every place fought (Fredricksburg, 2nd Manassas, Cold Harbor, Chanclorsville, and more) .when Lee surandered the"Army of Northern Virginia" (note: this did not include "the Army of Tennessee", it surandered later), he went home afterwards. Lee died October 12, 1870.
Page last updated: 11:43pm, 31
- "It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it."
- "There is a terrible war coming, and these young men who have never seen war cannot wait for it to happen, but I tell you, I wish that I owned every slave in the South, for I would free them all to avoid this war."
- "You must be careful how you walk, and where you go, for there are those following you who will set their feet where yours are set."
- "The education of a man is never completed until he dies."
- "Duty then is the sublimest word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less."