1883 - Born 5th of June in #6 Harvey Road, Cambridge.
1902 - Entered King's College, Cambridge, to study mathematics.
1905 - Keynes received his B.A. at King's College, Cambridge.
1909 - Finished his M.A.
1921 - Published his Treatise on Probability.
- He attacked the deflation policies of the 1920s with A Tract on Monetary Reform in 1923.
1930 - Wrote "A Treatise on Money".
1936 - Published his magnum opus, the General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money challenged the economic paradigm.
1942 - Keynes was a highly recognized economist and was raised to the House of Lords as Baron Keynes, of
Tilton in the County of Sussex, where he sat on the Liberal benches.
1912 - Editor in Chief for the Economic journal from and was also a member of the Liberal Party.
1946 - John Maynard Keynes died 21st of April.
He advocated government spending to boost business activity.
Page last updated: 8:28pm, 11
- "The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in escaping from old ones."
- "In the long run we are all dead."
- "Words ought to be a little wild for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking."
- "Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone."
- "Ideas shape the course of history."