US blind and deaf activist, educator, and socialise.
1882 - Lost sight and hearing at the age of nineteen months due to illness, most likely scarlet fever (February).
1887 - Helen received instruction from Anne Sullivan beginning.
1887 - On the 5th of April, Anne led helen to the water pump and told her all was about to change.
1890 - Helen was living in Perkins institute.
1902 - Helen wrote autobiographies " The story of my life".
1904 - Helen graduated from Radcliffe College.
1938 - Helen Keller's Journal.
1994 - Helen Keller met John D wright and Dr. Thomas Humason.
Page last updated: 8:43pm, 17
- "Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood."
- "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experiences of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved."
- "I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble."
- "I am only one, but still I am one I cannot do everything but still I can do something I will not refuse to do the something I can do."
- "Have you ever been at sea in a dense fog, when it seemed as if a tangible white darkness shut you in and the great ship, tense and anxious, groped her way toward the shore with plummet and sounding-line, and you waited with beating heart for something to happen? I was like that ship before my education began, only I was without compass or sounding line, and no way of knowing how near the harbor was.'Light! Give me light!'was the wordless cry of my soul, and the light of love shone on me in that very hour."