Currently alive, at 43 years of age.
Categories: echo $strCat;?>
US track and field athlete.
1975 – Born on the 12th of October.
Won the California state championship in the 100 meters representing Rio Mesa and Thousand Oaks high schools.
1992 – Invited to participate in the Olympic trials, she made to the team as an alternate in the 4×100 relays, but she refused the invitation.
1997 – Won the 100 meter at the 1997 World Championships in Athens, while finishing 10th in the long jump.
1999 – Jones attempted in the World Championships to win four titles, but injured herself in the 200 m after a gold in the 100 m and a long jump bronze.
2000 – Sydney Olympic Jones finished with three golds and two bronzes.
– Won gold medal in Olympic 100-meter dash.
– Won gold medal in Olympic 200-meter dash.
– Bronze medal in Olympic long jump.
– Co-won gold medal in Olympic 4×400-meter relay.
– Co-won gold medal in Olympic 4×100-meter relay.
2005 – Claimed that winning the gold medal at the 2008 Olympics remains her "ultimate goal."
2006 – Jones won the 100 metre dash at Gaz de France with a 10.93.