1593 – He was born on the 3rd day of April this year in Montgomery, Wales. He studied and graduated both in graduating from Westminster School and in Trinity College, Cambridge.
1618 - He was appointed Reader in Rhetoric at Cambridge.
1620 - He was elected to the post of "public orator", whose duties would be served by poetic skill. He held this position until 1628.
1624 - He became a Member of Parliament, representing Montgomeryshire. While these positions were suited to a career at court, and James I had shown him favor, circumstances worked against him, the King died in 1625.
1633 – He died on the 1st day of March this year in Bemerton, Wiltshire, England.
Page last updated: 12:40am, 25
- "Sometimes the best gain is to lose."
- "The best mirror is an old friend."
- "Skill and confidence are an unconquered army."
- "He who cannot forgive breaks the bridge over which he himself must pass."
- "Hope is the poor man's bread."