1255 – Francesca da Polenta was born.
– She was a historical contemporary of Dante Alighieri, who portrayed her as a character in the Divine Comedy.
– Guido da Polenta had been at war with the Malatesta family.
– Giovanni was brave but lame and deformed.
– Francesca fell in love with Paolo and was unaware of the deception until the morning after the wedding day.
– Paolo and Francesca became lovers after being seduced by their reading of the story of Lancelot and Guinevere.
1285 – They were subsequently surprised and murdered by Giovanni.