480 BC - Born in Salamís on the 23rd of September. 408 BC - He left Athens at the invitation of king Archelaus I of Macedon and stayed with him in Macedonia. - Euripides' final competition in Athens. 441 BC - He won first prize, and over the course of his lifetime, Euripides claimed a mere four victories. He also won one posthumous victory. 455 BC - Euripides first competed in the Dionysia, the famous Athenian dramatic festival. 406 BC - According to Pausanias, Euripides was buried in Macedonia.
Page last updated: 5:29pm, 20
- "The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life, acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can do that, and live that way, you are really a wise man."
- "Love makes the time pass. Time makes love pass."
- "The gods visit the sins of the fathers upon the children."
- "Real friendship is shown in times of trouble; prosperity is full of friends."
- "For with slight efforts how should we obtain great results? It is foolish even to desire it."