1926 - Elizabeth was born at 17 Bruton Street, in Mayfair, London, on 21st of April.
1936 - She became Heiress Presumptive and was thenceforth known as Her Royal Highness The Princess Elizabeth.
1945 - Elizabeth convinced her father that she should be allowed to contribute directly to the war effort.
1947 - She married The Duke of Edinburgh (born Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark) on 20th of November.
- Elizabeth made her first official overseas visit when she accompanied her parents to South Africa.
1948 - She gave birth 14 November to her first child Prince Charles of Edinburgh.
1952 - She beame the Queen of England.
1952 - Elizabeth and Philip set out for a tour of Australia and New Zealand.
1953-1954 - She and Philip made a six-month around-the-world tour, becoming the first British monarch to circumnavigate the globe.
2005 - Elizabeth was forced to cancel several engagements after contracting what the Palace described as a bad cold.
2006 - She suffered a burst blood vessel in her right eye, causing her entire eye to appear deep red in colour.
Page last updated: 3:26pm, 24
- "I declare before you all that my whole life, whether it be long or short, shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong."
- "I cannot lead you into battle. I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else-I can give my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations."
- "We lost the American colonies because we lacked the statesmanship to know the right time and the manner of yielding what is impossible to keep."
- "It is easy enough to define what the Commonwealth is not. Indeed this is quite a popular pastime."
- "I myself prefer my New Zealand eggs for breakfast."(After she was pelted with eggs during a walkabout on New Zealand visit)"