Currently alive, at 82 years of age.
1934 – Born on the 6th of February in Pipestone, Minnesota, U.S.A.
1960 – He earned his Doctor of Philosophy degree in Nuclear Physics in University of California, Berkely,
1966 – He moved to Calvin College in Michigan, U.S.A.
– He served as a chairman of the Physics Department, Calvin College in Michigan, U.S.A.
1974 – He elected as a Kent Country board of commissioners.
1993 – He won a special election in the Michigan’s 3rd congressional district, U.S.A.
1994 – He won a full the Michigan’s 3rd congressional district, U.S.A.
2006 – He served on the Science Committee in U.S.A.
– He served as a Chairman of the Subcommittee on Environment.
– He served as a chairman Technology and Standards.
– He served on the United States House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure.
– He led the development of the Great Lakes Legacy Act.