Olive Thomas (b. October 20, 1894 - d. Septmeber 10, 1920) was an American socialite and actress during the early days of the silent era. She was a Ziegfield girl and the first original flapper. She is best know for her marriage to Jack Pickford and her untimely death.
- 1894 - Born Olivia R. Duffy in Charleroi, Pennsylvania, United States.
- 1911 - Marries Bernard Thomas in McKees Rocks at the age of 16.
- 1914 - Wins contest for "The Most Beautiful Girl in New York City" and poses for artist Harrison Fisher.
- 1914 - Hired by the Ziegfield Follies.
- 1916 - Makes her screen debut in Beatrix Fairfax and A Girl Like That.
- 1916 - Elopes with Canadian actor Jack Pickford in New Jersey on October 25th.
- 1918 - Is persuaded by Myron Selznick to sign with Selznick Pictures Company in December.
- 1920 - Plays Ginger King in The Flapper.
- 1920 - Heads to Paris with Jack in August.
- September 9, 1920 - At around 3:00 a.m., an intoxicated and tired Thomas accidentally ingests a bottle of mercury bichloride, which she mistook for drinking water or sleeping pills.
- September 10, 1920 - Dies of accidental poisoning at the American Hospital in the Paris suburb Neuilly.
Page last updated: 11:40pm, 28