1971 – Born on the 25th of December.
1995 – Dido began recording demo tracks, put together on a collection entitled Odds & Ends.
1999 – Dido was signed to, was sold to BMG records .
– No Angel was first released and Dido toured extensively to promote the record.
2001 – No Angel went on to become the top-selling album of in the United Kingdom, debuting at, and returning to, #1 in the official UK albums chart many times throughout the year, spawning 2 top 10 hit singles, "Here With Me" and "Thank You," and a further top 20 hit, "Hunter".
– Nominated for the MTV Video Music Award for Best Female Video – "Thank You"
– Nominated for the MTV Video Music Awards for Best Video of the Year, Best Rap Video, Best Male Video, Best Directed Video and Best Cinematography.
2002 – Won the NRJ Award for Best Newcomer.
– Won the NRJ Award for Best Album No Angel.
– Won the BRIT Award for Best British Female Artist.
– Won the BRIT Award for Best British Album – No Angel.
2003 – Nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Pop Vocal Performance, Female – "White Flag".
2004 – She learned to play the guitar as an adult, showcasing her skills to audiences during her Life For Rent tour. Prior to taking up music full-time, she worked as a literary agent, whilst studying a degree course in law at Birkbeck, University of London, which she never completed.
2005 – Dido was asked to perform at three of the Live 8 concerts on the 2nd of July performing in London, then at the Eden Project in Cornwall, before flying over to Paris, performing both solo and duetting with Youssou N’Dour.
– Dido began recording her third solo album, experimenting with different sounds and producers, including Jon Brion in Los Angeles.
2007 – Dido has stated on her official website that the album.